BI & Data Analytics Consultant
Seriös Group are a boutique data analytics and testing consultancy based in heart of Newcastle upon Tyne but operating across the UK and with clients globally.
We’re boutique for two reasons. Firstly, size. We aim to maintain a size that will enable us to create a collaborative working environment amongst highly skilled consultants, allowing our graduates and juniors to learn from the best and not get lost in the crowd. Secondly, quality of delivery. We don’t mess around with our client deliverables. We’re procured to deliver quality solutions and as such we don’t plan to disappoint. All our deliverables are of the highest quality possible, and we are meticulous in our approach to achieve this. Ultimately, we aim to provide personalised and tailored solutions to our clients, providing the consultant time and attention required to ensure we deliver.
We provide technology solutions, and we manage the solution delivery end to end. Our consultants engage with our client teams but do not embed themselves into their teams. Our project deliveries can be fully managed by Seriös Group to the extent where we will develop and test in our infrastructure before deploying to our clients’ environments.
The technologies and project profiles we work with vary. We have projects delivering classic cloud data warehouse and analytics solutions in AWS, Azure and On-Premises. We also work in the IoT sensor space delivering analytics solutions designed to help our clients achieve carbon net zero and reduce their building maintenance and running costs.
Having formed in February 2020 we have built up a client portfolio in the big corporate space consisting of Technology, Financial Services, Real Estate, Facilities Management, Utilities, Manufacturing and Charitable organisations.
How do we work?
While recognising the market for large consultancies we have realised that the more personal, tailored solutions we offer are equally, if not more important to our clients. The Seriös approach is based around openness and honesty, we deliver by working closely with our clients in a partnership and involving them at every step of the project journey. This approach is replicated internally, we believe all our consultants should have a voice, with open communication encouraged to help ensure we’re continuously improving.
Why work for Seriös Group?
You spend a lot of time working, it should be enjoyable not a chore. We’ll ensure that from a work perspective you’re kept interested and challenged daily, as well as investing in your development and ensuring we help you reach your career goals. It goes without saying, we offer a great benefits package as well!
- Competitive Salary.
- Discretionary Annual Bonus.
- Enhanced Holiday Allowance.
- Flexible Working.
- Enhanced Pension Scheme.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Seriös Group Rewards Monthly Recognition Package.
The Role: BI & Data Analytics Consultant
Seriös Group are looking for an experienced BI & Data Analytics consultant specialising in data visualisation.
The ideal candidate will have strong data warehouse, data lake or IoT analytics development experience, and exposure to data visualisation tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Qlik or Oracle Analytics Server / Cloud. Experience working in at least one of AWS, Azure or Google cloud platforms to supplement prior on-premises data analytics experience would be highly advantageous.
As a BI & Data Analytics consultant with Seriös Group you will be involved in the development of our client’s data warehouse and IoT analytics projects. You will be working with market leading technologies and part of a process to shape the technology into a best fit solution for our clients. Liaising with our clients and working as a partnership is a key part of the role and therefore good client facing skills will be required.
The role may involve mentoring junior consultants and therefore, prior mentoring experience would be advantageous.
You will also naturally have a passion for business intelligence and data analytics, keeping up to date with the latest technologies and methodologies.
Experience & Skills required:
- 3+ years prior experience in data analytics and reporting projects, in a technical capacity.
- ETL and data pipeline build experience, technology agnostic.
- Demonstrable data modelling capabilities for data analytics.
- Awareness of data lake principles.
- Strong data visualisation experience using tools such as Power BI and Tableau.
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL or other relational database platforms.
- Advanced SQL skills.
- Appreciation and understanding of Kimball or Inmon methodologies.
- Interest in and aptitude for big data and data science methodologies, with particular emphasis on the use of Python, R and Spark.
- Experience of working with IoT sensors would be advantageous.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with data modelling tools such as Erwin or ER-Studio.
- Experience working in an agile consulting team and using tools such as Jira / Azure DevOps.
- Additional leave
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Newcastle upon Tyne: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Kimball: 3 years (preferred)
- United Kingdom (required)