Seriös Group are looking for a talented and ambitious Python developer with an interest in data analytics to join us based in Newcastle upon Tyne to work on some exciting SaaS platform initiatives we have internally. We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate a strong understanding of developing Python applications and back end logic, can lead a team of developers, making key technology and architecture decisions along a project's lifecycle. We are looking for people who take great pride in their work and who will have the same passion and drive that we have for every project we work on.
As a python developer with Seriös Group you will be both applying your skills to the creation of custom build data pipelines in AWS or Azure and involved in the build of a software platform to analyse large volumes of streaming and batch data. Knowledge of web application frameworks such as Flask or Django would beneficial.
You will be working with a talented team of Data Engineers, Data Architects and Test Analysts. Any experience working with data analytics solutions / platforms and an understanding of ETL and data pipelines would be highly advantageous.
Experience and skills
- 3+ years prior experience as an object orientated programming python developer, preferably in the data analytics space.
- Exposure to Flask or Django.
- ETL and data pipeline build experience in AWS or Azure.
- Awareness of data lake principles.
- Experience working with relational database platforms.
- Good SQL skills.
- Interest in data science methodologies, with particular emphasis on the use of PySpark and R.
- Exposure to Docker, Kubernetes, and GitHub.
- Experience of streaming data would be advantageous.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Experience working in an agile development team and using tools such as Jira / Azure DevOps.
Why work for Seriös Group?
You spend a lot of time working, it should be enjoyable not a chore. We’ll ensure that from a work perspective you’re kept interested and challenged daily, as well as investing in your development and ensuring we help you reach your career goals. We believe all our consultants should have a voice, with open communication encouraged to help ensure we’re continuously improving. It goes without saying, we offer a great benefits package as well, including:
- Competitive Salary.
- Enhanced Holiday Allowance.
- Flexible Working.
- Private Healthcare.
- Enhanced Pension Scheme.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.