Senior BI & Data Analytics Consultant
Seriös Group are looking for an experienced senior BI & Data Analytics Consultant with hands on data warehouse or data lake development experience, and exposure to data visualisation tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Qlik or Oracle Analytics Server / Cloud. Experience working in at least one of AWS, Azure or Google cloud platforms to supplement prior on-premises data analytics experience would be highly advantageous.
As a senior BI & Data Analytics Consultant with Seriös Group you will lead the way in the design and development of our client’s data warehouse and IoT analytics projects. You will be working with market leading technologies and required to shape the technology into a best fit solution for our clients. Liaising with our clients and working as a partnership is a key part of the role and therefore excellent client facing skills will be required.
The role will involve direct management of junior to mid-level consultants from both a line management and coaching / mentoring perspective. Therefore, prior technical and team lead experience is essential.
You will also naturally have a passion for business intelligence and data analytics, keeping up to date with the latest technologies and methodologies, whilst inspiring others in the team to continually improve.
Experience and skills
Ideally we’re looking for someone with experience in the areas detailed below. Don’t worry if you can’t tick every box, attitude and willingness to learn are equally important to us:
- 7+ years prior experience in data analytics and reporting projects, in a technical lead capacity.
- Extensive ETL and data pipeline design experience, technology agnostic.
- Demonstrable data modelling capabilities for data analytics.
- Strong data architecture design skills.
- Understanding of data lake principles.
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL or other relational database platforms.
- Expert SQL skills.
- Appreciation and experience of working with Kimball or Inmon methodologies.
- Exposure to big data and data science methodologies, with particular emphasis on the use of Python, R and Spark.
- Experience working with IoT sensors would be highly advantageous.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Familiarity and experience with data modelling tools such as Erwin or ER-Studio.
- Leading or mentoring a team of junior data engineers or BI developers.
- Experience working in an agile consulting team and using tools such as Jira / Azure DevOps.
Why work for Seriös Group?
You spend a lot of time working, it should be enjoyable not a chore. We’ll ensure that from a work perspective you’re kept interested and challenged daily, as well as investing in your development and ensuring we help you reach your career goals. We believe all our consultants should have a voice, with open communication encouraged to help ensure we’re continuously improving. It goes without saying, we offer a great benefits package as well, including:
- Competitive Salary.
- Discretionary Annual Bonus.
- Enhanced Holiday Allowance.
- Flexible Working.
- Enhanced Pension Scheme.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Seriös Group Rewards Monthly Recognition Package.