As a Data Architect within Seriös Group you are integral to the delivery of our client’s Data Solutions, namely cloud data platforms, IoT analytics, data integration and migration projects. You will consider and apply best practice architecture and design principles to our Data Solutions as well as leading and assuring technical delivery, supported by Principal Data Solutions Architects. You will aid the refinement of technical standards across the organisation implementing technologies that shape the organisations approach to all things data. You will ensure delivery teams implement best practise, provide delivery assurance, and take the lead on submissions to our Technical Design Authority.
You will support Data Engineers and Insight Analysts when implementing a data architecture framework for our clients, ensuring principles and standards are followed that guide development to well architected, scalable, robust, and cost-effective Data Solutions.
You will be working in a technology agnostic manner, with market leading technologies and be required to shape the technology into a best fit solution for our clients. Liaising with our clients and working with them in partnership is a key part of the role therefore excellent client facing skills are required.
The role will involve direct management of technical people from both a line management and coaching / mentoring perspective. Therefore, prior technical and team lead experience is essential.
You will also naturally have a passion for all things data, keeping up to date with the latest technologies and methodologies, whilst inspiring others in the team to continually improve.
- Support the organisation's approach to the design and development of our Data Solutions utilising cloud technologies such as AWS or Azure.
- Perform detailed analysis on clients as is technology implementations and provide recommendations.
- Adopt and refine the standard for detailed solutions documentation and data governance to create and maintain detailed solutions documentation.
- Collaborate with Principal Data Solution Architects to ensure optimal Data Solution architecture and designs can be reviewed by our Technical Design Authority.
- Lead delivery of Data Solution design and development of our client’s cloud data warehouse, IoT analytics, integration and migration projects adopting Agile delivery methods.
- Lead on promotion of Agile delivery methods.
- Line management of junior to mid-level consultants from both a line management and coaching / mentoring perspective.
- Keep up to date with the latest technologies, methodologies and best practices in all things cloud and data, in line with our technology agnostic approach.
- Gain and maintain relevant certifications.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships coaching more junior team members in soft skills.
- Proactively promote best practice and inspire others to continually improve.
- Be seen as a point of technical leadership providing guidance to Data Engineers and Insight Analysts promoting best practice and fostering a culture of collaboration and innovation.
- Provide technical expertise to scope and size projects and change requests with oversight from the Principal Data Solution Architects and the Technical Design Authority.
- Work with the Learning and Development function in the development of training plans for junior staff.
- Helping to achieve/maintain partner status with 3rd party organisations such as Microsoft and AWS.
The above list is non-exhaustive; you may be required to carry out any ancillary duties in relation to your role, in addition to the abovementioned list.
- Ability to analyse complex business problems and develop creative technical solutions.
- Ability to lead technical teams and provide guidance to junior team members.
- Ability to professionally present and communicate technical solutions and concepts, including to non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to be self-motivated and have a proactive approach to work.
- Exceptional verbal and non-verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively, efficiently and appropriately with others at all levels of the team.
- Ability to develop strong client relationships through gaining trust as a respected technical authority.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and solutions to non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to understand and address the needs of multiple clients.
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and business needs.
- Ability to prioritise workload and work to deadlines.
- Experience designing cloud data platforms in either Azure, AWS or Google Cloud Platform or significant on-premise Data Architecture experience
- 5+ years prior experience in data engineering or business intelligence roles.
- Extensive ETL and data pipeline design experience, technology agnostic.
- Experience implementing solutions using at least one of the following technologies Azure Data Factory, Azure Event Hubs, Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure Function Apps, Azure Synapse Analytics, AWS Glue, AWS S3, AWS Lambda Functions, AWS Redshift, Databricks, Snowflake, Google Big Query, Alteryx, SSIS, Informatica.
- Deep understanding of data warehouse and data lake principles.
- Demonstrable data modelling capabilities using either Kimball, Inmon or Data Vault methodologies.
- Demonstrable understanding of unstructured, semi-structured and structured data source types for databases, files, formats and APIs.
- Expert SQL skills including the ability to optimize performance.
- Exposure to data engineering coding languages such as Python, R or Spark.
- Awareness of AI/ML methodologies.
- Experience with data visualisation tools such as PowerBI, Tableau or QlikSense.
- Experience of leading or mentoring a team of junior data engineers or BI developers.
- Experience being technical lead on project delivery using Agile and/or DevOps methodologies including, peer reviews and continuous improvement to optimise new and existing data solutions.
- Experience using backlog management tools such as Jira or Azure DevOps.
- Experience working with IoT sensor technologies would be highly advantageous.
- Experience working in an agile consulting team.
- Experience writing Infrastructure as Code using either ARM Templates, PowerShell, CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Experience developing CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience of implementation of source control utilising Git.
This role profile is not exhaustive; it will be subject to periodic review and may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The post holder will be expected to participate in this process and we would aim to reach agreement to the changes.