Seriös Group are looking for an Insights Analyst to join the company during an exciting period of growth.
Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Seriös Group are a boutique data and test solutions provider working across multiple industry sectors.
As an Insights Analyst within Seriös Group, you will be responsible for collecting, organising and analysing requirements and datasets to extract meaningful insights that drive decision making of our clients' Data Solutions, namely cloud data platforms, IoT analytics, data integration and migration projects.
You will adopt best practise to enable and support delivery across projects and follow standards in your work while contributing to enhance them as we pride ourselves in ensuring our development is well architected, scalable, robust and to ensure we provide cost-effective data solutions.
You will ensure data manipulation, analysis and visualisation delivers actionable data insights considered in a technology agnostic manner though tailored to agreed tooling.
Liaising with our clients to elicit requirements and working with them in partnership is part of the role therefore client facing skills are required.
You will be supported by working with team members who cover Data Architecture and Data Engineering areas of the wider Data Solution delivery.
You will also naturally have a passion for all things data, keeping up to date with technologies and methodologies, whilst supporting others in the team and seek to continually improve.
- Own analysis to elicit requirements and analyse datasets from clients to define use cases and produce recommended insights.
- Create wire-frame visualisation designs using tools such as Figma working with the client.
- Create prototype datasets and insights prior to full build using tools such as Power BI or Tableau.
- Build agreed datasets and insights from requirements and designs agreed with the client using tools such as Power BI or Tableau.
- Create documentation for datasets and insights to support the client.
- Support external user groups for insight tools such as the Northeast Tableau User Group.
- Follow the standards for detailed solution documentation and data governance.
- Follow Agile delivery methods.
- Collaborate with team members and provide constructive ideas.
- Stay abreast of new technologies, methodologies and best practices in cloud and data, in line with our technology agnostic approach.
- Continually assess your skills to gain and maintain certifications that may be relevant.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships.
- Follow best practice and inspire confidence in others.
- Support team members and the culture of collaboration and innovation.
- Ensure quality in your delivery to meet the company’s required standard for data quality, design, reliability, and accuracy.
The above list is non-exhaustive; you may be required to carry out any ancillary duties in relation to your role, in addition to the abovementioned list.
- Experience in eliciting requirements for data to understand and determine business rules from analysing data.
- Experience in analysing data from tools such as Python, R, SQL or similar languages.
- Experience of data visualisation tools such as Power BI, Tableau, QlikSense or similar.
- Demonstratable understanding of report and dashboard build to present data with metrics to support compelling user stories.
- Demonstrable understanding of unstructured, semi-structured and structured data source types for databases, files, formats, and APIs.
- Demonstrable understanding of types of data models to navigate and analyse data solutions.
- Experience of Python libraries like pandas, numpy, tensorflow, matplotlib and bokeh.
- Experience or understanding of the cloud either Azure, AWS or GCP.
- Experience of agile methods and systems such as JIRA of Azure DevOps.
- Experience of designing data models optimized for reporting and analysis.
- Experience of statistical techniques.
- Experience of data governance and data quality principles.
- Experience of Apache Spark.
- Ability to analyse complex datasets, develop insights and visualise data.
- Ability to provide constructive ideas and output from data analysis to team members.
- Ability to present and communicate data analysis, including to non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to be self-motivated and have a proactive approach to work.
- Good verbal and non-verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively, efficiently, and appropriately with others at all levels of the team.
- Ability to develop strong client relationships through gaining trust.
- Ability to understand and address the needs of the client.
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements and business needs.
- Ability to prioritise workload and work to deadlines.